Monday, September 22, 2008

Google Desktop


I have been playing around with resurrecting a surplus pc that I got from a school auction and using some old parts created my franken-pc. I loaded XP on it and found a pretty cool app by google again that puts a 'sidebar' on your desktop that makes it look similar to windows Vista. Here is a screen shot of my vista desktop and notice the sidebar with the clock and stuff on it on the right.

http://desktop.google.com/

it is pretty cool and you can add different gadgets and customize it --- my main favorites would be the analog clock and weather gadget.

1 comment:

Russell said...

Pretty cool! I'm still on XP. Can't do any more upgrades to get Vista running on this PC. It's just not compatible. I've got a licensed copy of Vista, just no PC robust enough to install it on.