Monday, August 25, 2008

SPAM


Ok if you can't tell I hate spam -- oh I hate it with a passion. So much so that I have like 4 different email address to try and avoid it. You know like when you have to sign up for something and they ask for an email address. Well I have my free ones like yahoo and hotmail that are just infiltrated with them. So my main account which is Gmail is pretty good about blocking the spam and putting it in the spam folder. However. I noticed that more and more spam comes every week. Not a big deal at all because like I said I never have to see it or do anything about it since gmail does the great job of finding and filtering. But it still goes in the spam folder and I thought what would happen if I just let it go? How long would it take to get to 1000? 10,000? 100,000? and 1,000,000? Well I am about to find out. On August 1st I stopped 'emptying' my spam folder. Already after 21 days I have 744 spam messages ranging from fake rolex's to various body enhancements to generic drugs to whatever else that junk is. I project I should hit 1000 sometime in september but I will periodically post the number and the length of time it takes to get there for each milestone. I wonder what will happen when it hits 1,000,000? Will my gmail account die? Will the internet crumble? Will time stop? We will find out.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

dang and brandi is having spamburgers for her wedding!! oh well u will just have to tough it out!!

Anonymous said...

Know what you mean about that Spam. We get too much. I'll keep checking on your experiment. I'm curious to know, too. FYI: 30 years ago Esther used to feed us the food Spam that she would fry when she didn't have any roast beef to serve. She'd boil potatoes, have veggies, and dessert. Didn't taste so bad like that. She had also served us Spam sandwiches. :) :) :)